The skeletal system is an important part of our human body because it is the one who’s in charge of the mobility, movement, framework and protection of our human body. Without our skeletal system, there is no possible way that a person can stand. Also a human body cannot withstand the harsh weather, or cannot even walk. The internal organs will all be misplaced an unprotected making a jelly human very vulnerable. The skeletal system is consists of bones (around 206) that has their own unique responsibilities that helps make our body a unique individual. But nowadays, our health is being neglected because of a lot of distractions in our lives. The most underrated part of our body that also needs the utmost care is our skeletal system. We need to take good care of our bones and system so that we can work fully. Here are some tips on how to take care of our bones.
1. Eat foods that are very rich in Calcium
- Our bones are made from a sturdy mineral called Calcium. That’s why in order to take good care of our bones we need to consume a lot of calcium-packed foods to help our skeletal system become hard and sturdy. The number one food that we can eat to have a daily dose of calcium are dairy products. Milk , butter and cheese are loaded with calcium that can help our bones and teeth not to be brittle and weak. Also, eating Dry beans, salmon fish and leafy vegetables will give you the daily dose of calcium that you will need.
2. Eat foods with magnesium
- We should also eat a lot of magnesium packed foods to be an aid for the transferring of calcium to our bones in the body. You can find magnesium in Spinach, beans, lentils, grains and bananas. There’s also a lot of magnesium in fish such as mackerel and Avocados. These foods are not only packed with magnesium but also healthy in the body.
3. Exercise Regularly
- You should exercise regularly in order for your bones to strengthen. A daily job or walk can help strengthen your bones as well as keep them intact.A strong bone can withstand harmful weather and helps you stay fit. A lot of sports can also strengthen your bone such as yoga, tennis, running, and doing weights.
4. Consult a doctor
- This is a very good idea if you want to know more about taking care of your bones. Chiropractor Everett can recommend bone supplements that can strengthen your bones as well as they can check the amount of calcium you have with their bone density scan.
5. Take Preventative Treatments
- Osteoporosis is one of the leading illnesses of old people today. That’s because when they were young they neglected the health of their bones, making it brittle and weak. Chiropractic treatments are preventative treatments that can help our bones stay in shape and can be of good use.